A pastor, preacher, student, and teacher, Tozer (1897?1963) is perhaps the closest American writer to C. S. Lewis, with his penetrating insights and straightforward use of language. Fifty years after his death, his bracing words now accompany related passages throughout the popular NIV Scriptures.
This unique volume features nearly 600 key selections and teachings, taken from more than 40 of Tozer’s writings, ranging from seminal bestselling books like The Pursuit of God and The Attributes of God to lesser-known works such as The Size of the Soul and The Root of the Righteous.
Each selection appears in one of three categories:
* Over 365 selections, each sharing the page with the Bible passage to which it refers, add depth and insight to a particular verse’s application for the believer.
* More than 100 writings that apply the deep meaning of the Christian faith to everyday life.
* Nearly 100 entries tied to Scripture that exhort the reader to resist complacency in particular areas of one’s “living out” the Word in the world.
* Book introductions
* Brief biography of A. W. Tozer
* Nearly 600 Tozer selections
* 9-point type