An accessible survey of the meaning, methodologies, themes, and applications of biblical theology
To understand what the entire Bible teaches about any given subject, we must practice biblical theology. By surveying the whole canon of Scripture, we can best discern what God has revealed about any particular issue. But doing so requires answering a number of important questions:
· What type of biblical theology will we choose?
· What overall story does the Bible tell?
· How should we understand the relationship between the Old and New Testaments?
· How does our topic fit within salvation history?
· How do we apply the truths we discover?
40 Questions About Biblical Theology provides resources to answer these key questions in order to guide readers in their own study and practice of biblical theology. Other vital topics the authors address include how to understand typology, key themes in biblical theology, and how Christians should relate to Old Testament promises.
Ideal for courses on biblical theology, for pastors, and for anyone who teaches or interprets Scripture, 40 Questions on Biblical Theology will deepen your understanding and application of the whole counsel of God.